We Are the Solution
There is an effect known as the Pareto Principle, otherwise known as the 80/20 rule or the law of the vital few. Essentially the Pareto Principle says that 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. Years ago, when I was doing research as a mortgage loan officer I discovered the 80/20 rule, which said that 20% of a company’s sales force makes 80% of the sales.
In other words, within a group of people the success of any venture is dependent upon the efforts of only 20% of those involved, while the remaining 80% do not play a vital role.
As individuals we have a choice: we can be part of the 20% playing a crucial role in raising mass consciousness or we can be part of the 80% group choosing not to make a significant contribution. According to the Pareto principle, it only takes 20% of humanity to shift our group consciousness (actually I feel that it’s even less). If you are reading this you are most likely one of the 20%, or may like to be.
We contribute to the shift by producing the appropriate adjustments within. When we change ourselves we assist to shift the consciousness of the whole; it starts with us as individuals.
Some ways we make a difference are by:
- embracing love rather than fear
- focusing on the positive attributes of others
- appreciating anyone and anything
- being present in the now rather than worrying about the future
- focusing on a positive outcome to a challenging situation
- being a shining example for others (acting as if someone is always watching), especially the children
- tuning into our inner guidance and following it
- dancing to the beat of our own drum, as we allow others to dance to the beat of theirs
- forgiving ourselves and others
- expressing, and feeling gratitude for our good fortune
- focusing on the positive
- surrendering to the will of Spirit, rather than ego
- letting go of attachments
- honoring and following our passions by following our heart
- continuing to persevere in a positive manner when faced with obstacles
You are cordially invited to be part of the solution – the 20%, by utilizing life-enhancing practices that benefit you and the whole.
Be joyful, embrace life and thrive!