The Power of a Smile and Laughter
Our ability to smile is a wonderful gift; it not only benefits the person producing the smile, but people they encounter as well.
Have you ever noticed what happens when you pass a stranger who smiles at you? Most of us smile back; our disposition changes in a heartbeat! This can create a chain reaction, because the next person you pass sees you smiling which produces a smile on their face too, and so on.
Smiling is a simple universally recognized gesture. It’s gift we can give to a total stranger that in most cases, will instantly be returned in kind.
The wonderful thing about a smile is that it not only has the potential to brighten another person’s day, but has many benefits for the person who is smiling too.
Benefits of smiling include the following:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Produces the same endorphins as exercise
- Makes you look younger
- Reduces stress, even when we force it
- Smiling can lift your spirits
- Improves your immune system
Make a difference in someone’s life today – smile~!
Laughing produces some interesting results as well:
- Produces endorphins
- Relaxes the body
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow
- Reduces stress
- Eases anxiety and fear
- Blood & all major organs are fully oxygenated leaving us bursting with energy.
- Blood pressure drops, circulation improves and pulse rate drops.
- Depression is lifted, even chronic depression is often cured.
- Immune, digestive & sexual systems that are switched off by stress, are switched on.
- Self-confidence is boosted; communication skills and creativity are enhanced.
- Our lymphatic system is massaged
If you smile and radiate love you are likely to encounter loving people who are smiling – or they will be after seeing you.
Be joyful, embrace life and thrive!
P.S. I invite you to smile as you go about your day, even when you are alone.